There are some people may wonder what is Indocin term, and what is it used for?
Indocin is one of those medication mostly used to treat any symptoms of osteoarthritis, gout, rheumatoid arthritis and ankylosing spondylitis. It is non steroidal anti-inflammatory drug, that why it is used to relieved any join pain.
Indocin work by inhibiting the action of certain hormones that can cause inflammation and pain in our body, this hormone is commonly known as prostaglandins. Indocin is also used to treat pain, fever, swelling and stiffness. And it is part of drugs that called nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID)is believed as blocker of any effects of prostaglandins that acts as chemical messengers but not moving to other site. Prostaglandins make Indocin more useful in reducing any joint pains, inflammation and any arthritis and painful conditions.
When and how to take Indocin?
There are general factor to consider in taking indocin as medications, and take this information seriously to avoid negative effect in your body. The factor to consider as follows:
· Indocin is made of capsule form, suppository, and oral suspension form. You take capsule and liquid by mouth and insert suppositories Indocin into the rectum.
· You can take indocin capsules and liquid together with a glass of water. To avoid stomach upset you can take dosage with milk or food.
· The medication won’t take effect immediately; it takes several weeks when Indocin used to treat symptoms of osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis.
· In order to treat your condition well, you only take the lowest effective dosage amount of Indocin for the least amount of time. It is also help you decrease the chance of having serious side effects.
· Maintain the amount of Idocin at the same time each day to maintain the level of medicine in your body.
· To make it work properly, you must follow your physician prescriptions.
Taking of this medicine have also possible side effects in our body as with any medicine. However there are some people who can easily experience the side effects and some are not. If the side effect develops in our body, in many cases they are minor that require no major treatment.
Example of common side effects in taking Indocin are, headache, diarrhea, Dizziness, Spinning sensation, abdominal pain, Nausea, heartburn, Excessive tiredness, fatigue, swelling and ringing in the ears.